It's still my season of Jubilee!

On this 8th month (New Beginnings) on this 12th day (Divine Order) I enter the 3rd (Perfection) anniversary, in my 50th year (Jubilee)!
*******************************

Now, in my 50’s I no longer ask “what do I want to do when I grow up”… I haven’t decided to grow up yet!  But I can tell you I am much closer to it now than I ever was in my 20's, 30's, or 40's and there's a whole world waiting for me to discover.        

The first half of my life was a whirl of activity.  There never seemed to be “enough”!  Enough time, enough money, enough…!  I marvel at all the things I felt I HAD to do.  

Now I ask, where was I in a hurry to go?

And there was all that noise back then, and there’s so much silence now.  Yet in this silence, I hear God calling me to Himself.  He has waited patiently as I raised my children, built my resumes, and formed the church committees…yes all the noise.   

Here’s what I now see:  

God wants me to spend the second half of my life focusing less about what I “need to do” and more about who I have become.  

He is calling me up to greater, which requires leaving the past, full of expectations and noise behind me.  I now know the best is yet to come and it will look very different than anything that has come before. 

Experience, Clout, Freedom, and hopefully a stronger sense of self that is no longer intimated by social media, the youth markets, societal pressures or the expectations of others, to be what I’m not.

I have gone through many transitions.  I have experienced and tackled things I never thought I was capable of.  

I learned Courage in Me and I am still here.  It's not over till the fat lady sings, isn't that what ‘they’ say? Whoever they are…I don't see a fat lady and I don’t hear her either….but I recently heard a wise young man say, “Since I am alive, I might as well live!”

The next 30 years? Inspiration not obligation, Purpose not priorities.  Living my best life now!  

“The glory of this latter temple shall be greater than the former,' says the Lord of hosts. 'And in this place I will give peace,' says the Lord of hosts. Haggai 2:9”

Comments

Anonymous said…
Love this...I think I'll start living "without the noise" now...

Popular posts from this blog

Do you know your WHY?

Wounded Woman Warriors

An Open Letter to My Mother - Revised 2-21