What Is This?


What is this?

Enough to make it through each day – nothing more and nothing less.

What is this?

It can’t be hoarded or saved, so it does no good to worry about the next day.

What is this?

It is Manna, and the Hebrew word for manna means, “What is it?” It was the heavenly provision sent to the children of Israel while they wandered in their wilderness.

Manna offers us an example of how we are supposed to face each day. When we ask God “what is it?”, this is a powerful and liberating question. Not why is this, but what is this? What is this to teach me? What is this to develop in me?

What IS This?

Have you learned to ask God to show you YOUR manna? Often the manna God provides is something so small that we would have missed it if we hadn’t been looking.

So, how do we identify and learn the purpose of our manna? We do so by embracing our Now, and living in the present moment! And that is the challenge isn’t it? Because living in the NOW is a discipline, and we must be intentional at it. Oh, how I wish I learned this early in my wilderness.

Author Richard Rohr wrote, “We cannot attain the presence of God because we’re already totally in the presence of God, He is everywhere.” So the challenge we face is not actually pressing past the absence of God, but learning to embrace the awareness of God.

I have learned, and am still learning, to practice the awareness of God. In prayer, meditation, or song. In heartache, and in the rainstorm. In the new wrinkle on my brow, and in the laughter of
my granddaughter.

Yes this year…(Happy Birthday to Me) ...Grace has married Jubilee (55) and still I ask the question…."What is it?" 

 And the answer, Shammah…He is right here!

Comments

Mia said…
Great word! #dailybread

Popular posts from this blog

Do you know your WHY?

Wounded Woman Warriors

An Open Letter to My Mother - Revised 2-21