Are You Dumpster Diving?


Can you relate to this scenario?  

We come to church on Sunday. We hear a convicting word. “Yes, Lord! That is where I am!” 

We come to the altar for prayer. 

 “YES Lord, I will lay “that” down, discard it, remove it from my life.  It is 
done, over, finished!"

But two hours, three days or one week later you are reasoning within yourself:  

“Maybe there was some more value to it”  

“I’ve been this way all my life, it was just part of who I am”

“All of him, her or it wasn’t that bad”

That my friend is “dumpster diving

When God says, “Throw it away, (whatever your “it” is) You don’t need it anymore, He means it!

Yet we find ourselves diving back into the dumpster to pull it out of the place it was discarded. 

We knock off some of the dirt it collected, we cut off the mold that had started growing on it, I mean,  “All of that banana isn’t bad, it is still fruit!  I will just cut off the bad part”.

Please know, even though you cut the mold off, there is still dis-ease in it.  Now after returning to it, you find yourself sick all over again, and you need prayer/deliverance all over again.

“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results”

It’s time to Break Free!

The first step in breaking free is acknowledging, "yep those feet are mine"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you know your WHY?

Wounded Woman Warriors

An Open Letter to My Mother - Revised 2-21